By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Adam

I don't know if I've ever explained my living arrangements. Or maybe I have...anyways, it's really not the living arrangements, it's the roommates. We are living in the guest house that belongs to my Aunt Lorena and Uncle Darin. They have two kids, Adam is 10 and Sarah is 7. And they are both such a blessing to be around. When we moved to Illinois, they were still pretty young, so it's nice to be close to them and watch them grow.





I want to tell you about the blessing that Adam is. I walked to the other side of our little house a bit earlier and stood at the kitchen counter. As I looked up, straight ahead, out the window I could see Adam standing on the ledge of the fence, looking over the side. Just watching. He was talking with the neighbors as they played baseball in the backyard. And it just made me smile.

Adam is autistic as well as having slight mental disabilities. But he is such a love. And watching him just sit and enjoy someone else enjoy life is something I want for my life. To be able to "be still." He's a precious kid and remind me of Matthew 19:13-15...

"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there."

He's talking about Adam. He's talking about his children.

1 comments:

Nathan said...

Its great to see God working in your life that way!

Post a Comment