By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I hate them.

...this is day 11...a picture of something I hate.


That was the nicest picture of a clown I could find...

Let me just tell you, that there is a deeply rooted fear accompanied by a deeply rooted hatred for these things. I don't like them, can't look at them, hate seeing them around, and get chills down my spine everytime I hear the word. Here's the history lesson, I think I may have been in the 5th or 6th grade and we were at snow camp with the church's Club 56 as we used to call ourselves. We were having so much fun, I loved snow camp, in fact, I miss it terribly. Those were the days....
Okay, so one night--for some odd reason-- a friend of mine in my cabin thought it would be hilariously exciting to tell scary stories. Oh my heavens, four reasons why scary stories don't belong in the same sentence as Laramie Wells:
1. I'm a girl, with girl feelings, with a touch of sensitivity.
2. I can't even look at my own blood.
3. I was homeschooled, so I couldn't even make one up if I tried.
4. I love Jesus, Jesus doesn't like scary stories either unless they end with someone become his Child.

So, this friend proceeded to tell the cabin seriously, the most terrifying horror story I've ever heard. And she used US as characters!!!!!!! No!!! I won't go into detail, but that story followed by torment from her (because it in fact scared me), followed by the entire youth group playing around with me, followed by people literally seeking out the movie "It" and shoving it in my face--eh, I was young. So all these things led up to a fear and obession with the fear of clowns, so much that I had consistent nightmares about them. Still do sometimes...thank you snow camp.

~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment