By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Thursday, March 31, 2011

stories, I like them:)

I was going to put up some pictures, but our computer died. So, we replaced it with an older one temporarily....which won't recognize my camera, or anything else for that matter.

Anywho, I feel like yesterday I got back from my visit to Illinois....and now tomorrow is APRIL....what? Time has gone by so, so fast! Nathan and I were talking the other day and I was telling him how before I came to visit over New Years, it seemed like time was crawling by. Taking for-e-ver. And now that I have been back, it's speeding past. I think we have reached the number now where it's been a longer gap of not seeing him, or anyone from Illinois, than the first time. But it feels shorter. It's like we need that first visit, homecoming, reunion, and now time is absolutely flying.

I was thinking about people earlier this week. Not really anyone in particular, but just people in general. And actually now that I think about it, what sparked this monologue in my head was my day-trip to Palo Alto, CA to visit my little cousin Jake. I will tell you about him in a sec. I literally spent almost a full day just hanging in the hospital room with him and his parents. His parents are technically my second cousins, making him my third, but whatever. He has been diagnosed with heart failure so really they just sit in the room, take care of what Jake needs, and try to keep themselves entertained. And I LOVED it--and on my way home I was trying to figure out why in heaven I could literally just sit with someone and, whether we are doing something or not, totally enjoy it. It's because above everything else, more than music, more than dance, more than art, more than food, more than reading, singing, laughing, more than movies, school, life, whatever--with the exception of my relationship with the Lord, I love to spend time with people more than anything else on earth. If that was all I did for the rest of my life was spend quality time with anyone and everyone in my life I would be set....makes my heart cry:)

Okay, Jacob--probably one of the greatest examples of the strength of Christ present in my life right now. When Jake was born his left ventricle wasn't formed, so far he has had six heart surgeries to assist his hard working right ventricle; tomorrow the team meets to decide if he is a candidate for a heart transplant. They could decline him, which to me makes no sense whatsoever. The child is six years old, could we give him the chance to graduate high school maybe? Maybe? Maybe make an impact with the huge testimony he will have by the time he gets there? He is such a solid little kid. He endures the pain and has a will to live like I've never seen before. Such a warrior and be in prayer that the Lord will bless him with a heart. A heart that will beat for the Lord with every fiber. And our whole family gladly admits, we can't live without him:)

He's a trooper:) And got to take a walk today...




~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment