By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Friday, April 8, 2011

Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness

Well, it appears as though a post once a week has been my illness for the past month. I wish I did this more consistently. It's been such a dry period for me, with everything. My devotionals, prayer, writing, I'm just not doing a good job at being seriously in tune and consistent with these things. I'm human, I get that, but sometimes it's nice to feel like for the first time, these things come naturally. Maybe someday I'll get it.

Fun fact: I have done some research on Hillsong Church since the Lord has been working some kinks out of my heart. And it's strange how He saves us from things we don't know we are walking into. Hillsong is Pentecostal. Which, as far as their worship goes, I like the charismatic, contemporary styles of worship. But the Pentecostal doctrine also has views on prophecy and healing that I don't necessarily agree with, they can be dangerous...and I was just reading this today, about their beliefs and doctrines. They use Prosperity Teaching. It's sometimes called Word-faith theology, which essentially teaches that God wants us to be wealthy and live in prosperity. We should be able to unleash this from within, finding our joy and prosperity in material things. Whoa.

So needless to say, those are just a couple of things I've found from more than just one opinionated source, but I am so thankful to God that he brought me home where I could be "alone" to hear his whispers. I don't want to blindly walk into something that will change His truth in my heart. It's so easy to do, even more when the discrepancy is hidden in the faith that I believe in. It's funny, I've even had my new Worship Pastor make a comment about Hillsong, that their Theology isn't that strong. While they are doing great things for the Lord, theologically...not so much. No one is perfect, but everyone can read the Word and know the truth.

Any thoughts? I guess I'm writing all of this to say that, while I don't know what God's plan is, I can't walk onto that path thinking that I'm wise enough, or discerning enough to guard my heart when the teaching is false. Because that's exactly when the enemy gets us. When WE think we can. And I will put no confidence in my flesh...

Anywho, this picture I took last night while it was raining. Almost in broad daylight aside from a few thunderclouds, it just started pouring. And there sat God's promise to us, right on the side of the road. And I think the way he is guiding me away from false doctrine is a great example of his Promises:)


I love my God:)
"I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be destroyed by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
~Genesis 9:11-16

"Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking."
~ Ezekiel 1:28

~Laramie

1 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

I literally printed up the application for this program some years ago, and was concerned that the application required a date for "baptism in the holy spirit"- separate from baptism/immersion. I was like...uh, er...don't know what to put there. At that point in my life, i definitely wasn't ready for the pentecostal doctrine. I think I'd be more open to it now, sans some of the questionable stuff you've discovered.

Post a Comment