By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Airports

So I'm sitting in the airport in Sacramento waiting to board my flight to Dallas/Fort Worth. Really, I'm on my way to Memphis:) To audition:) For their music school:) I'm praying that God would just give the confidence and comfort to let go and use what he has given me. Who knows, all I'm going to do is try.

But anyways, I'm sitting in the row that faces the rest of the seating area, but my back is to the gate. And it's so hilarious the wide variety of people that packs itself into one tiny space...
A middle aged couple with their two young children. Mom looks like she can't wait to just get where they're going; the kids are trying their darndest to stay occupied before mom or dad become completely irritated; and dad could care less about what's happening right now...he's on his phone.
One Hispanic gentlemen sitting at a diagonal from my seat, people watching just like I am. He wears a cowboy hat-- then takes it off-- and in a minute or two he will fix his hair and put the hat back on:)
Another couple probably in their late fifties. I like the lady, she is fabulously clad in the way that I hope I'm dressed when I'm her age. Her husband looks sweet, genuinely interested in engaging with his wife, nice to see:)

There's about thirty more people in our little square. Some staring at me, others don't even know that there are people sitting on their right or left, and still others looking out the window either dreading or looking forward to their trip. I'm excited, at least, for mine:) I've never been to Memphis, never been a lot of places. But for this trip I feel like it may be a blessing in disguise, which is how God surprises me most of the time. All I want is to learn, to be teachable, and to grow in the areas that God wants, in the ways that God wants.
And I'll start with sitting in the airport at 6:30 in the morning:)

~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment