By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful

I don't think I've ever really expressed how blessed I am. Blessed in a specific circumstance. These past three years have been the most difficult and dark years that I've ever had to work through. But oh how they've come into the light:) And I am literally brought to my knees in joy and sincere thankfulness when I look back on the souls that have surrounded me, and are still keeping strong. My "balcony people" standing on the sidelines...no, not standing, running down the sidelines, by my side the entire time. Souls who have comforted me, shook me, squeezed me until my frustrations are gone, screamed at me, pushed me, read to me, listened to me cry the same thing over and over on the phone, adopted me, given me love that only comes from a family, souls that have gone far beyond out of their way to show me Christ. I've read messages from friends, close, close friends, writing me on September 7, 2008 with nothing else to say but "I love you, I'm praying for you, and I'm here." Those people, those loves, those precious, precious souls are still there. They are there and they are true. I've been so, so blessed, Dear Lord, more than words can even express. It's because of these people that I have been able to walk through the valley of the shadow of death and know that He is with me. I have nothing to my name, but I have people in my life that mean more to me than life itself. My only reason for this one today, is that I know where Jesus was in my life the whole time. The times when I thought for sure, he was letting me do this one on my own. Now, now I'm starting to see the vision of Jesus holding my hand. When I thought he wasn't there, he was oh so very present the entire time. Through those beloved friends, beloved souls. He was holding my hand, as they were physically...holding my hands. unconditionally.

Unconditional- not limited by conditions; absolute

Friend- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

Job 16:20 "My intercessor is my friend
as my eyes pour out tears to God"


~Laramie

1 comments:

Rachel Storment said...

I love you so much, and I am encouraged and blessed every day by the woman you are. You are an amazing leader, servant, and friend. I have loved every second of being in your life.

Post a Comment