By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Control freak much?

This is my journaling from this morning. I love doing devotionals and journaling, but I know that a lot of times I make sure I do it so that I'm not feeling guilty for not doing it. When really, I should feel the guilt because I haven't spent time with my Savior, and I should go into it looking for wisdom, discipline, mercy, and what the Lord wants to say to me. My biggest struggle is that I go into the Word looking for comfort. That's fine, that's what it's there for, but that's not all God is meant to be for us.

Psalms 143 was so encouraging to me this morning:

v.8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I life up my soul."

O God, this is how I've been feeling! And the morning is when I usually lose all faith and trust. Help me to relax, resting in your strength and promises.

Vs. 10 "Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good spirit lead me on level ground."

Vs. 12 "In your unfailing love,
silence my enemies;
destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant."


Jesus, I want to think nothing but that you are pleased with me. My thoughts consume me all the time. I confess to you that I don't trust you all the time, but only in things I'm willing to give up control of. I am a fearful child, Dear God. The morning begins with an apprehensive and anxious attitude, then ends with fear for tomorrow. And Lord, when I spend my days like that I miss what you are showing me. Give me rest, and give me opportunity. I love you Lord.

This song has stuck in my brain since I was probably 6 or 7...
I love you Lord,
And I lift my voice,
to worship you,
Oh my soul, rejoice.

Take joy my King,
In what you hear.
May it be a sweet, sweet sound,
in your ear.

Lord, as I pray these things I can literally, physically feel my heart inflating, freeing itself from worry. Thank you Jesus:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment