By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Friday, November 26, 2010

Not Earthly Things

I'm so full!!!!!!! Holy cow, and we have another thanksgiving tomorrow. This one with the entire Peets side of the family, which, on just an Aunt and Uncle, first cousin basis consists of about 30-40 people. Food.

But, I made a list today of the things I'm thankful for. And I felt a little cliche, because it feels like "What are you thankful for?" is taken so lightly these days. It's more of a tradition than something to really take seriously. Anyway, I started writing, and God has blessed me above and beyond....but they are not earthly things He has blessed me with. And when it comes down to having to live in a mild "survival mode" the things that you become thankful for end up being the irreplaceables....my family, the people in Illinois that I love and have loved me like family, Nathan who loves the Lord more than anything, my relationship with his family, my counselors, the Compass Church and everything that body of Christ has done for me, my closest friends who have remained honest, loving, and dedicated, and the list goes on.

God has been so good to me. He has taken me through some valleys I thought I'd never see, but those valleys have created in me a strength and a love for the Lord that couldn't have been acquired any other way.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'"

~Lar

0 comments:

Post a Comment