By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Throw it off

It's so amazing how much the Lord loves. How much he loves each and everyone one of His children. A passage that has been so encouraging to me is Hebrews 12:1-6
                                          "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition form sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
                                            'My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
                                             and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
                                             because the Lord discipines those he loves,
                                             and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.'"


 He's teaching me right there to get up and go! Just go Laramie, just go...So beautiful. I packed a couple of boxes into my car today, dropped off some stuff at Goodwill, and it's just like "Lord, why do I need to do this..." And He's so encouraging in His own strength. I have no idea what is going to pan out once I get to Sacramento, but He does and there is so much comfort in that! I am being 'disciplined', because He loves me. It's great:)

Lar

0 comments:

Post a Comment