By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reason behind the name

Hmm...first post, feels great! I needed to explain the meaning behind the title of my blog. And the story is rather simple, but it all starts with a uniquely close friend, well, family member of mine, Julie. She's been one of the many beautiful people spurring me on in Christ during some trials I thought I'd never have to face. And one argument we had had about a year and a half ago was over a job. I had paralyzed myself with the fear of starting something new, mainly because it was an uncomfortable thing to do, like everything else I had been going through. Her exact response to my above complaint was this:
                                  " So what if one day you are working in a coffee shop and somebody comes up and says 'I would like a mocho latte with a shot of blah blah'.....and you tell them 'I'm sorry but that makes me uncomfortable'...Really??!!"

Haha, this conversation reminds me so much of all the tiny, tiny things I've worried about and have let paralyze me. And if I can't make that "mocho latte with a shot of blah blah" I can't do the big things, the real things. Starting with this conversation, it's been a whole disaster of uncomfortable tasks. Tomorrow marks the one week countdown to moving home from Chicago to Sacramento. A move that is done out of obedience to the Lord and as I settle in there I'll be preparing for an even bigger journey. A journey I can make because of that latte:)


So Lord, here are the small things and the mediocre things. Here are the sad things and the painful things. And here are the future things and the scary things. The long-term dream of doing all those things....for you.

~Lar

1 comments:

Mom S said...

Laramie:
You are such an incredible woman. I have stood by and watched you grow from the sidelines. I have watched you take uncomfortable steps to becoming the woman God intends for you to be. I have seen the pain and hurt in your eyes. I have seen the love you have and have been able to freely give away to others. But mostly, I have seen God moving and working in your thoughts, your dreams, your hopes and your fears. You will always have a home here - but know that if you rely on God, He will make your path doable. Love you! Lynn

Post a Comment