By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oh winter, you finally came:)

It's finally chilly! Like, FREEZING. Almost freezing, not quite. But cold enough to where I feel at home. A couple of friends and I took a trip up to Chicago over our fall break. Holy smokes, I miss that place.




I definitely have a problem organizing my time. It's most likely a combination of my chaotic schedule and temporary insanity that seems to hog my brain cells every once in a while. But, in the midst of it all, the Lord is in the middle of opening all my closets. Which stinks, I hate closets.

The other day in Old Testament we were going through some Psalms and Proverbs that had special meaning to us. I love Psalm 34 and the honesty and hope that it brings to the forefront. Here's my favorite part....:)
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


I have a lot of baggage right now, a lot to sort through. And I'm so bad at it, I really am. But these verses give me peace. I may not be able to trust the Lord with everything all the time, a fault of my own; but there is comfort in knowing that He is close....and He is saving my crushed spirit.

Close: near, or near together.

Saves: to keep safe, intact, or unhurt; safeguard; preserve


My God is near, keeping me safe and unhurt. That's my King.

~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment