By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Friday, October 21, 2011

Locusts

Last Sunday I was blessed to be able to be a part of a worship team leading for a church that has gone through some huge valleys. In the message that followed our worship, the pastor pulled a scripture out of Joel. And I was listening, I promise. But it wasn't until he repeated one phrase over and over did it resonate:

Joel 2:25, "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten..."

Looking at my own heart and how calloused and distracted it is, I understand why this flew over my head the first time. But as soon as I heard, really heard what the verse was saying, I broke inside. Because no matter what I face, no matter how long it takes me to climb out of these valleys, no matter who comes out on the other side with me or not, I know-- that He will "repay for the years the locusts have eaten."

I have a lot to dig through. There are things that have been coming up that I didn't know where down there in my soul, and I know there is more. I think that I'm starting to desire to chip away at these things with God. And right now, my hope hangs on the fact that I'm being obedient, and it will be repaid. I know that I know that I know, that it's not in vain. He keeps bringing me through and remaining true in what He promises- it's me that can't be faithful all the time. This verse puts all of the emotion and hope into one phrase. And I know that once we are on the other side, where moth and rust can't destroy, all these years will be repaid- and I'll understand.

~Laramie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Understand. Mom

Post a Comment