By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Monday, October 24, 2011

This is what it looks like

So this morning I was up way before I wanted to be. A good friend of mine and I go walking in the mornings at 6am across the river. It's usually so hard to get out of bed, but after I get going with walking and talking I'm fine; and I end up preferring to be up at this early hour. This morning we didn't go, but I was up and ready. And as I opened the door to walk out onto the balcony the street lights revealed a heavy fog that was just sitting.


I can see through it, but not well:) And as I sit here on my couch with the curtains open, it's still slightly dark outside, but the fog is amazing. I'm a huge fan of snow, rain and fog to begin with, but this was just an amazing treat this morning. I almost missed it and had I been able to fall back asleep I would have.
I'm sitting here on the couch, coffee in hand and I turn on Pandora Radio. Type in Kim Walker and guess what plays? What always plays, of course, her live rendition of How He Loves. I wasn't expecting this song and wasn't affected by it until I thought once again about the fog. How He loves......fog......it's seriously drenched outside right now with fog. It's everywhere and it's thick. It's tangible and it's beautiful. Sometimes it's so heavy you can't help but be blind to everything else. And what a huge message from the Lord that I almost missed. Really, all this morning as I sit and look out the window I can see and feel how His love is abounding, tangible, thick, beautiful. And if we aren't paying attention, we can see it and still miss it completely. As soon as I thought about what my apartment was covered with, God was saying "This is it, this is what it looks like. This is what you have and this is what you keep. This is who I Am and this is what I am. This is why you're here and this is what you're meant for."

And now look at this scripture: "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
for I have redeemed you.”
Isaiah 44:22


Another reason why our God is so great- His love as heavy and thick as fog, completely obliterates my sin that's like the morning mist. As I read the verse, Kim Walker sings "I belong to you..." It's true. I do.

The fog isn't lifting, but I think maybe this morning, for right now, it's not supposed to:)

"For I have redeemed you..."

~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment