By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's true.

I have this random set of facts that seems to pop into my head every now and then and I'd like to share it.

ready?

Every human being needs four hugs per day merely to survive.
Eight hugs per day to maintain oneself at a strong emotional level.
Twelve hugs per day to grow and become a better person.



I love this. It's so cool.

I wonder sometimes why I am always so up and down emotionally. Yes, I'm a woman, yes, I do have a lot going on in my life. When one thing ends something else comes up, story of any life of a child of God. BUT, there are days where I will go all day, sometimes two or three--without a hug. Without any physical tough and/or closeness. And I will feel like crap. For what feels like no reason, and it's almost like "what in the world am I doing wrong?"

All growing up I was never very "touchy feely" and everyone knew that. But it's interesting how over the past couple of years, growing out of the pain of what has happened and continues to happen to my family, I've realized that I am the "touchy feely." I am a hugger, kisser, hand-holder, shoulder-grabber:) I had someone tell me about a year ago, "you know you are more 'touchy feely' than you think. You are very much a physical touch person. You'll grab my hand all the time" "Excuse me?" was probably my first response. But it's true, I love love. And now that it hasn't been demanded of me for a while, it's really become something that I crave, as does any person in one way or another.


............ now I'm just trying to break that "reputation" of not liking hugs. especially hugs. They're the greatest:)

Update: .Today is Jacob's momma's birthday:) I know he's throwing her a party up there.
.Memphis is coming quickly! I'm all secured for the eco-friendly dorm...
. Nathan is here visiting:) He surprised me a week ago Tuesday, and is here for another month. Excited much? yep.
. And Cameron graduates tomorrow. Whoa. My 18 year old brother is a man. Weird.

~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment