By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me— a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grace like rain...

Well....I'm here:) Memphis, Memphis, Memphis. I'm pretty much moved in and ready to go. There seems to be a ton of grocery needs, however, that just creep in and my lovely mother and I keep running to the store. She will be here until Tuesday, what a trooper. She made the trek with me, let me cry and freak out a couple times, and is now currently in the parent meeting that she really doesn't need to go to, but she wants to know everything. Really cute.



For some reason when I was packing I had the notion in my head that whatever I don't bring will be things I can just buy for cheap when I get here. BUT. But, but, but, hello Laramie there are things you should still bring because they are yours and you don't need to buy them again!!!!!! I'm such a weirdo. As I'm shopping with my mom all of these simple items keep popping up in my head. I probably complained to her at least eight times "where was I when I was packing! Why didn't I bring that!??" It's cool. Just coffee mugs, kitchen things, home-y goods that I forgot to include in the "you are permanently moving out of your home" thought process. But other than that, I didn't forget underwear or a toothbrush....




God is so present in this school, let me just say that. I know nothing about what I will be studying, meaning I'm not a music person nor have I been in charge of a ministry or led it. But that's okay. God has called me here, everything is falling into place in HIS timing (not mine, mine would have been done already:). I'm beyond excited. My roommate is the sweetest thing, and, get this...she plays guitar. Meaning I have a slight chance of learning a tiny bit while I'm here. Back to the list of things I didn't bring: guitar. Huge Fail.

My mom bought me this tin sign that I can hang up in our cozy little dorm, it happens to have my favorite verse on it:) She knew:)

Now to shop for a rug to reduce the gorgeous echo in here:)


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you....."

He keeps providing. He's always providing.


~Laramie

0 comments:

Post a Comment